Star Sabga’s Lawyer – Information did not come from us
BY PETER GREEN
Well, well, well! The Guardian again! If you have not noticed their spin on articles in recent times, take note of that article published on the front page on August 19 – “Star seeks urgent care”.
The article pointed out that Star Sabga’s lawyers had written three letters to Commissioner of Police, Allister Guevarro, seeking permission for a doctor to visit their client. The article also stated that there had been no response from the Commissioner of Police.
Well, Sunshine Today, exposed the untruth on Wednesday with two letters from their lawyer to the attorney for the Commissioner. We discovered that Star Sabga, 69, who is under house arrest, was visited by Dr Jacqueline Perreira Sabga on August 1 and 17. Both visits were supervised by the police officers assigned to Regent Towers, where Star lives.
Now comes a letter dated August 19 from one of Star’s lawyers – Carlon Mc Leod.

The lawyer rejected the impression created by a report in the Guardian that she had been denied access to medical treatment for almost three weeks while under house arrest.
In a letter McLeod addressed the Guardian report, which was also carried by other news outlets.
McLeod stated, “We note that on today’s date, the 19th August 2026, the Guardian, and various other news outlets, carried a report that our client has not been permitted access to medical treatment for the last three weeks.
“Please be advised that we did not provide any correspondence to any member of the media.”
Mc Leod said had the attorneys provided information to the media, they would have made it clear that Star Sabga had already been granted access to her doctor.
He added, “Had we done so, we would have informed them that our client was permitted access by Dr. Jacqueline Pereira Sabga as of Monday the 17th August 2026.”
McLeod said access followed a letter sent by the legal team on August 14 in which the attorneys warned that if they did not receive a response, they would proceed to the High Court.

As was exposed by Sunshine Today on Wednesday, two police officers – WPC Ramlogan and PC Campbell – were present at Regent Towers when Dr Perriera Sabga arrived at 4.03 pm on August 17. WPC Ramlogan was present when Star Sabga was examined by her doctor, according to a police station diary extract.
Star Sabga was arrested on June 25 and served with a Preventive Detention order two days later. She was released from prison on July 27 and placed under house arrest according to an order made by Justice Nigel Paul.


